Every bride should feel confident and beautiful on her wedding day! Knowing what styles and necklines look best on your body can also help show off your best assets. Here are a few of our favorite wedding dress styles to highlight your favorite body parts, along with tips for taking attention away from those you aren’t quite ready to show off.
Whether you want to rock your toned arms in your wedding dress or draw attention elsewhere, there’s a variety of great dress styles that can do both.
- Show It Off: Strapless, spaghetti straps
- Don’t Want Attention: Cap sleeve, off the shoulder, flutter sleeve
- Pro Tip: Many brides opt for full sleeves when they don’t want to show off their arms, but this can actually draw more attention to them.
For brides looking to show off their shoulders, be sure to choose a neckline that flaunts your beautiful collarbone and upper body.
- Show It Off: Off the shoulder, strapless
- Don’t Want Attention: High neck, halter
- Pro Tip: Bring the point of interest to your neck area to diminish the look of broad shoulders.
The waistline of your wedding dress can make all the difference, whether you’re looking for a fitted bodice or a loose silhouette.
- Show It Off: Natural waist (fitted or flowy)
- Don’t Want Attention: Empire waist, drop waist
- Pro Tip: Make your waist look more defined by adding a belt to your dress.
From the bust area to your collarbone, there are several great wedding dress options your bridal specialist can select for all bust sizes.
- Show It Off: Plunging necklines, scoop neck, off the shoulder
- Don’t Want Attention: High neck, sweetheart, boat neck
- Pro Tip: Bodice structure is key when choosing your dress. The larger your bust, the more support you will want in the gown.
A low or backless dress is one of our favorite wedding dress styles to make a strong, dramatic statement as you walk down the aisle.
- Show It Off: Low back, key hole, illusion back
- Don’t Want Attention: Illusion back with appliques, straight across
- Pro Tip: Most illusion back gowns can be lined during alterations for brides who prefer more coverage.
While the stomach can be an area of insecurity for many women, your bridal specialist is there to help you choose a dress that highlights (or hides) your favorite features.
- Show It Off: Mermaid dress, sheath, fit and flair
- Don’t Want Attention: Ball gown, A-line, fitted gown with ruching
- Pro Tip: Fabric thickness and the fit of your dress are equally important. Lace and beading details also help disguise areas you may not want to highlight.
When choosing a dress to show off your hips and back end, we recommend a fitted dress style that hugs all the right spots.
- Show It Off: Mermaid dress, fit and flair
- Don’t Want Attention: A-line, ball gown
- Pro Tip: Button details can accentuate your shape and make your booty look more perky.
Still unsure which style is the best wedding dress for your body type? Book an appointment with one of our bridal specialists today to find your perfect wedding dress!