Our Locations

Gretchen’s Bridal Gallery is located in two locations. Our staff of professional wedding consultants can’t wait to assist you on your journey to happily ever after. 

Indianapolis, IN

(317) 849-9980

5447 East 82nd Street

Indianapolis, IN 46250

 

Lafayette, IN

(765) 427-0561

3540 S.R. 38 East, Suite 702

Lafayette, IN 47905

INDIANAPOLIS HOURS
Sunday 11-5 PM
Monday 11-6 PM
Tuesday 11-6 PM
Wednesday 11-6 PM
Thursday 11-6 PM
Friday 11-6 PM
Saturday 9:30-6:30 PM

LAFAYETTE HOURS
Sunday CLOSED
Monday CLOSED
Tuesday BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Wednesday 11-6 PM
Thursday 11-6 PM
Friday 11-6 PM
Saturday 9:30-6:30 PM

Dress Shopping

Special order wedding dresses take an average of six months to arrive. Special order bridesmaid dresses take an average of five months to arrive.

Appointments at Gretchen’s Bridal are necessary on the weekends, or we will not be able to guarantee a time slot.

Since we don’t believe in “one size fits all”, our sample dresses come in a variety of sizes from 2-28. We believe that every bride should feel comfortable and have many options to try on when she’s shopping for her wedding dress. The dresses typically run a couple of sizes small, so don’t stress about the number on the tag! If the gowns are too big, we will use our clips to give you a better idea of how it fits. If the gown is too small, we have panels and clips to help you see the dress on. Unfortunately, the sample gowns usually won’t be a perfect fit, but we will do everything we can to give you the best possible idea of how it will look!

The Appointment

First, you will check in at the front desk, fill out an appointment card, and be introduced to our stores large gown selection. Then you will meet with your personal Bridal consultant and discuss what you are looking for in a gown.  It is helpful to be prepared with your:

  •     Price Range
  •     Favorite designers
  •     Favorite styles
  •     Wedding place / venue
  •  

Based on this information, our highly trained consultants will guide you to the perfect dress!  Together, you will select approximately 5 gowns.  She will assist you in and out of each gown, listen to your opinion, and offer her own expertise. After you find your perfect dress, she will help you complete your ensemble with custom hair pieces, elegant veiling, and designer jewelry.

If you decide on a Special Order gown, it will take anywhere between 3-6 months to arrive.  Rush shipping may be available for an extra charge.  Off-the-Rack dresses are available to take home that day!

Our appointments last an hour so you can find your dream dress without feeling rushed. Appointments are highly recommended to ensure you are able to try on our fabulous gowns. When available, walk-ins will be accommodated. To ensure you get to meet with our amazing consultants, please schedule ahead with us by calling or booking online.

Full coverage underwear should be worn, as our consultants help you in and out of the gowns. Please wear minimal jewelry to prevent damage to the gowns!

We suggest you only bring your closest family and friends with you to help make this once-in-a-lifetime decision with you! Sometimes having larger groups makes it more stressful and even harder to listen to your own opinion. Trust us on this one! Bring only a couple of people who will let you make your own decisions. After all, you’re the one who has to wear the dress!

Due to current COVID-19 guidelines, please limit your party to five guests.

We love children and always do our best to accommodate them,but they do provide an extra distraction during an already difficult decision. If possible, consider leaving them at home!

The health and safety of our clients is the top priority of our staff.

In addition to increased daily sanitization at both locations of Gretchen’s Bridal Gallery, specialized lights designed to eradicate viruses are installed in high traffic areas of each of our bridal stores.

We are complying with all County and State guidelines.  Our highly trained staff of professional bridal consultants are wearing masks at all times.  

We do request that our brides limit their parties to no more than five guests, and that each person entering our bridal store join with us to safeguard against any illness by wearing masks when shopping our extensive collection of wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses.

Bridesmaids Dresses

We have hundreds of bridesmaids gowns in our store that will perfectly complement your wedding gown. They can be ordered in a huge variety of colors, so there is sure to be a great dress to match your color scheme. These need to be special ordered, so plan to shop with your gals ahead of time! Also, if you ordered your wedding dress with us, we would love to give you a discount on the bridesmaids gowns as a special thank you!

Ordering the Dress

Currently our Special Order gowns typically start at $1000. The average dress in our store is around $1,250. If you are looking for a sample, discounted gown Off-the-Rack, we have an incredible selection starting at $499.99.

Gretchen’s Bridal accepts cash and credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express).

We require 75% down to order any special order wedding gown, with the remaining 25% due in 30 days. For off the rack wedding dresses, 3 month layaway is available. 50% down is required on all layaway dresses. For bridesmaids dresses we require 75% down, with the remaining 25% due in 30 days.

Upon arrival, your gown will be hand inspected to ensure the highest quality dress for your special day. Then we will call you to schedule a try-on appointment, usually with your original Bridal Consultant. They can also help you with the finishing touches such as veils and jewelry to enhance your dress and perfect your bridal look.

YES! Alterations are an essential finishing touch to any gown and will make the gown truly yours. When ordering a dress, we take measurements to order your standard size, but alterations are needed to fine tune and perfect the fit. This could mean taking in a dress to fit your bust, waist or hip, shortening the straps, hemming the length, or adding a bustle for your train. Alterations are a standard part of the wedding process, and nothing to stress about! While you are free to use any seamstress you choose, we do have the area’s finest wedding alterations specialist “Yong’s Alterations” conveniently located next door.

No, the listed prices of our gowns do not include alterations or any other extra charges like special sizes, extra length, shipping, or rush charges.

Returns are not accepted.